The TCACLA Fall Meeting will be on the morning of Saturday, October 29, at Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church in St. Paul.
Over 130 years ago, the formation of this congregation was a dream for a cluster of Swedish immigrants who saw the community need for a church in the growing Arlington Hills area. Beginning with a Sunday School to instruct children in the Christian faith and the Ladies Aid Society to assist families living in poverty, the dream was actualized on June 29, 1889. In 1959, the congregation moved to its current site, alongside Lake Phalen and at the boundaries of the city of St. Paul and the suburbs.
As part of its history, Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church has served as a gateway of faith to the local community – first with the Swedish Lutheran community, and then supporting and ministering to the numerous waves of immigrant populations that have populated the East Side of St. Paul in the years following. Today that work includes an on-campus food shelf and job training, a weekly community meal program, supporting community partnerships that strengthen our community, and much more. In 2022, the church received the Spirit of Christ award from Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota.